This Sunday at the Fairmount Neighborhood Farmers Market you can look forward to the following products from SLO Farm, Sweetwater Farm, and Songbird Farm:
- plums, blackberries, strawberries, and apples (SLO Farm's first red gravensteins of the season!)
- tomatoes and peppers of all kinds, cucumbers, green beans, zucchini, eggplants, and beets
- celery, collards, kale, bietola greens, garlic, and herbs
- eggs, honey, fresh sauerkraut and kimchi, propolis salve and lip balm
- fresh cut flowers including cardoons
You will also find local grains and beans from the Southern Willamette Bean and Grain Project. Unfortunately the Salmon People won't be joining us, but they will return the following week.
With the abundance of flavorful, ripe tomatoes, you can whip up a delicious gazpacho:
1 cucumber, peeled
4 large tomatoes
sprig of basil
small splash of sherry vinegar
large splash of olive oil
sprinkle of red pepper flakes
generous pinch of salt
Puree in a blender until smooth.