This Sunday at the Fairmount Neighborhood Farmers Market you can look forward to the following products from SLO Farm, Sweetwater Farm, and Songbird Farm:
- fruit including plums, apples, and berries
- cherry tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, assorted peppers, cucumbers, pickling cucumbers
- eggplants, zucchini, green beans, red & chiogga Italian beets with tops
- curly kale, rainbow Swiss chard, and other greens
- leeks, parsley, basil, garlic
- eggs, honey, sauerkraut, kimchi
A delicious post-market lunch is smoke salmon and goat cheese tartines.
On a slice of fresh bread, such as Eugene City Bakery polenta bread, spread a layer of mild goat cheese, add a layer of smoked salmon, and top with cucumber and tomato slices.